Thursday, September 8, 2022

Why We Are Restless

Last week, I posted about the book Why We Are Restless: On the Modern Quest for Contentment and I am really struggling with it. The book talks about the ideas of philosophers like Montaigne, Rousseau, Pascal, Voltaire, and I am trying to keep up, but it is very difficult to focus on serious ideas when I am driving. I am determined to finish the book so I can understand the authors' thesis of "why we are restless" and maybe integrate the ideas with my work.

Side follow up to Tuesday's post about doing the next step: when I started my car this morning, the "check tire gauge" light came on. Instead of driving around for days like I usually do, I took it to the mechanic right away! It turned out to be a slow leak at the valve and they replaced it. What did I learn? When I'm intentional, I can make changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. All comments are moderated.